Directorate General for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations
This statement applies to content published on the domain: https://neighbourhood-enlargement.ec.europa.eu
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by the Directorate General of European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549, v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details.
The website was last tested on 15.05.2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was reviewed on 22.05.2023 and it is based on a review done by an automated tool - Axe Monitor.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- E-mail: NEAR-Webmaster@ec.europa.eu
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
The accessibility of the European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations website website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations website:
- Video player – keyboard accessibility: We are aware of some issues with the keyboard accessibility of our video player (navigation when tabbing through the menu options does not flow in the expected order; when selecting the caption language from the menu, it is not possible to use the arrow keys to move between languages, this can only be done with the TAB key). We plan to fix this issue by end June 2023
- Graphs and charts – use of colour: Some graphs and charts on the website rely on colour alone to communicate information, which is confusing for people with colour vision deficiency. We plan to fix this issue by end September 2023.
- Graphs and charts – text alternatives: Graphs and charts are not accessible to screen reader users as they do not contain appropriate text alternatives. We plan to fix this issue by end September 2023.
- Maps: Some content in the maps does not have a text alternative for people with a vision impairment. We plan to fix this issue by end September 2023.